PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I cant install!!

jc_trunks
March 25th, 2010, 05:00 AM
ok i have a trouble and the disk load... language and when i select apear statusbar but them nothing... i have a MSI DKA790GX, Athlon X2 5000+ BE, 2GB DDR(800), 500GB HDD, Ati Radeon 4870

QIII
March 25th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I'm guessing that English is not your first language.

It might be helpful to let us know what your native language is, so we can direct you to someone who will be able to communicate better with you.

There are other forums and user groups catering to speakers of other languages. The Ubuntu community is inclusive, and we want to you feel welcome to ask for help.

Please let us know so we can get you the help you need. We don't want you left out just because we are having trouble understanding you.

jc_trunks
March 25th, 2010, 05:24 PM
ok, really im so sorry! hahaha when i wrote, i understand myself, now when i read it again... well... but yes, i speak spanish... but in spanish the forum its to bad :S... i hope u can understand me now

new_tolinux
March 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Am I correct when I say this:
You boot from the Ubuntu CD. Then there is a menu where you can choose a language.
After you choose the language there is nothing more on the screen than a status-bar.

If that's the case:
Which version of (k/x/l)ubuntu are you trying to install?
Is there any disk-activity that you can see (the lights on your computer-case)

@QIII: English and Spanish both aren't my first languages. I know that and I try to produce some English that the rest can understand, but I know also that my grammar s***s.

QIII
March 25th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I hope you understand that my post was in no way intended to be a put down. I was simply trying to make sure the OP got the help he needed from people he could effectively converse with.

I'm bilingual (not Spanish, though. That would seem to be an important language to know in the US. Despite what "language Nazis" may say, languages migrate, cultures change and everyone is as valuable as the next guy!). But I don't speak Finnish, so I'd have a tough time getting help on a Finnish forum...