PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] what are the steps to un-installing Ubunto?

monicamaria
March 24th, 2010, 01:31 AM
I installed Ubunto 9.1 onto our laptop which was running Windows Vista. There didn't seem to enough space on the hardrive for both Vista and Ubunto, so I did the install which removed Vista and just used Ubunto. Everything seems to be working except for the Lexmark printer/scanner (p4350). I have checked the forums and tried everything I could, but it won't work at all. I need to use both the printer and scanner so I think I will have to go back to Vista until I can get (afford :oops:) a printer that will work.

What are the steps for uninstalling Ubunto? I made a recovery disk before I installed Ubunto.

Thank you,
Monica

n0dix
March 24th, 2010, 01:48 AM
If you have files to storage do a backup. Then use a Live Cd and with the program Gparted format the partitions.

sendblink23
March 24th, 2010, 02:39 AM
After doing the Gparted to formatting all the *Partitions... make sure the format to set for the new Volume to be NTFS... then insert your Vista or WIndows 7 DVD installer... and you would be fine.

But... if you would like to keep Ubuntu... just download Virtual Box... make a virtual Vista or 7... and just use it for Printer Stuff, and there you won't have to uninstall ubuntu... Just run the Vista or 7 OS through a virtualized mode to Print or Scan your needed stuff.

monicamaria
March 24th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Thank you for the help. I will check into Virtual Box and see if that is the way we want to go.

Thanks again.

Monica