PDA

View Full Version : Mythbuntu, PVR150 and sky tv.

Mykk
March 23rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hi all,

How easy would it be to configure mythbuntu with Sky TV using a pvr150 TV card? Is this even possible? Do any of you nice people know of any walkthroughs or tutorials that you could refer me to?

Ive spent a bit of time googling it now and can't seem to find anything of relevance yet.

I'm going to be using a "not too old" Dell Dimension and i feel fairly competent to get that setup with mythbuntu without any issues. Just need to know if its actually doable before i go any further.

If you need any more details (I don't think i missed any) please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Mykk

Mykk
March 23rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hope I'm not breaking the Bump rule here,

It usually 3 hours on the other forums i go on.

ubunterooster
March 23rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
I've heard it said 24hr. but think 12 is reasonable (you get the opposite crowds). I think this thread better belongs in the video and multimedia thread, I'll ask a mod to move it

Mykk
March 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Thankyou :)

Elfy
March 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hope I'm not breaking the Bump rule here,

It usually 3 hours on the other forums i go on.

I've heard it said 24hr. but think 12 is reasonable (you get the opposite crowds). I think this thread better belongs in the video and multimedia thread, I'll ask a mod to move it

24 hours please :)

moved to mythbuntu forum

singedwings
March 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
It is quite easy now to set pvr150 with sky, but quite time consuming. http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php is a good all round guide to installing myth, although it does not include specific instructions for a pvr150.

When you set up the backend you will need to use the rt_uk grabber, tell it which channels you have/want. Then when you exit the setup cancel the database fill and in a terminal
mythfilldatabase --manualand fill in the channel numbers/names (this is the time consuming bit).

In the frontend you will need to set the recording profiles to the correct screen size or the edges of the screen will be chopped off and the pvr150 can be a bit flaky if this is not changed.

Good luck.

Mykk
March 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the reply :)

Now at least i know this is possible I will give it a go!