PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to download all updates for distro about to loose support

nathbeadle
March 22nd, 2010, 05:04 PM
I have a laptop running 8.04LTS very well and have been keeping it up to date. I'd like to have the ability to re-install 8.04 at a later time if I had to reformat the laptop...

I have the latest 8.04 CD image (8.04.2 I think) but of course there have been many updates since then.

Is there a way for me to capture all these updates so that I can reapply them at a later time after a fresh install of 8.04?

phillw
March 22nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
I have a laptop running 8.04LTS very well and have been keeping it up to date. I'd like to have the ability to re-install 8.04 at a later time if I had to reformat the laptop...

I have the latest 8.04 CD image (8.04.2 I think) but of course there have been many updates since then.

Is there a way for me to capture all these updates so that I can reapply them at a later time after a fresh install of 8.04?

Hi and welcome to the forums,

firstly, 8.04 has another year of support yet :-)

The latest 8.04 is 8.04.4, that one has the latest updates and also makes 8.04 ready for the 'jump' to 10.04, that being the next LTS due out at the end of April. You do not need to 'jump' to 10.04 for another 12 months if you want to stay on 8.04 and receive updates.

Regards,

Phill.