PDA

View Full Version : How to make desktop fonts bigger?

killabee44
March 22nd, 2010, 02:47 AM
I have my myth box hooked up to a 47 inch Samsung LCD and the quality on my movies looks great at 1080p via dvi.

I would like to only keep Myth at 1080 while keeping my desktop, firefox and all other programs at a lower resolution.

It's really straining my eyes when Im doing the occasional tweak or internet browsing.

Is there a way to do that? Or maybe make the fonts bigger on everything BUT Myth?

Im using Mythbuntu 9.10.

Thanks.

laffinet
March 22nd, 2010, 02:55 AM
Check out Settings -> Appearance in the Mythbuntu main menu (as in outside of mythtv). Don't remember the exact location but you can change font sizes etc. in there.

Also check Settings->Desktop, I think there are a few more things you can change as well.

killabee44
March 24th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Got it. It was Settings>Appearance. Thanks.

itlarson
March 25th, 2010, 01:43 AM
The frontend has the ability to switch the resolution when it starts playing a recording, and switch back after playback is stopped. I have set mine up so the frontend gui runs at 720p, but playback is at 1080p. When I am using other programs, they are displayed at whatever resolution the frontend is currently using. Since I don't usually use other programs during playback this means I use them at 720p, which is what I want. This setting is (I think) under "appearance" in the frontend settings, and is called something like "separate gui and playback size". It is just a single checkbox on an otherwise empty page untill you click on it. When you do, a bunch of settings will appear allowing quite a bit of flexibility. I will get back to you latter with the exact location of this.

killabee44
March 25th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Thanks, I found it. I had aleready seen it but thought that it would not affect the desktop outside of Myth.

Its interesting when you change through all the different resolutions and see the Myth menu get too small or too large.