PDA

View Full Version : How do you stop videos being scanned?

TheCook
March 17th, 2010, 05:16 AM
I have a number of videos in my collection that have their titles overwritten on a regular basis for example 'Akira' and 'Spirited Away' gets changed to some Asian symbols and or empty squares. 'The Name of the Rose' gets turned into 'Der Name Der Rose'.

I suspect there is an automatic "scan for changes" of the video files going on but I can't find where to stop it.

Any hints?

tgm4883
March 17th, 2010, 05:39 AM
This is a mythvideo cron job. Check in MCC and see if you have a jamu section. You should be able to disable it from there.

TheCook
March 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I don't have a Jamu section in MCC. I have checked crontab for mythtv.

I have a separate BE/FE system. Is the mythvideo scan done by the BE or is it done by one/all of the FEs?

kja999
March 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM
TheCook .. I am so glad you asked this question. I keep forgetting to post it.
I have exactly the same issue.

I removed the mythvideo script from /etc/cron.hourly /etc/cron.daily folders, but each time there is an update they are re-added (I use the daily builds repo), so watch out.

In terms of solution, I would like to add that blocking/disabling jamu for certain content types would be great too .. I.e. I hate seeing fanart on tv shows, plus it spins up my NAS just to browse the recorded list now, as my videos and video fanart folder are on the NAS.

TheCook
March 18th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Ahhhh!

I was looking up crontab to find cron jobs. No wonder I couldn't find it. I'll clean up my server tonight. Thanks for the hint about updates too.