PDA

View Full Version : Live TV Not Working on secondary Frontend

spodesabode
March 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I'm having a problem that's bugging the hell out of me! I'm using Mythbuntu 9.10 32-Bit.

I have one machine as a primary backend with a slave front end using a Nova-S card for Freesat in the UK. It's working fine in all respects.

I can connect to this from my MSI Wind with no problem and all functions work.

But the machine I have setup in my bedroom is being problematic. It's fine for videos and recordings - but I'm struggling to get Live TV working. When I booted from a USB boot of Mythbuntu, I'm sure Live TV worked, but with my current install it just gives me a black screen and then eventually dumps me back to the menu - sometimes suggesting that the jump file didn't work and other times suggesting that it took too many attempts at video frame buffering.

Considering it plays recordings fine - what is different? I'm installed to a USB flash drive - so write speeds aren't great and I'm noticing it's LED blinking away. When in Live TV does it try and record to the local machine instead of going through the back end? If so - can I stop this?

Any help appreciated.

Spode

My Name
March 15th, 2010, 09:21 PM
You may want to check the password to the server. I think this can be a symptom. I havn't had the problem myself but I recall reading about it on this forum. Check for O and 0, also check the case of the letters.

nickrout
March 16th, 2010, 04:51 AM
what do the frontend logs say?