PDA

View Full Version : How to take movie screenshots?

killabee44
March 15th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Guys,

I would like to take some movie screenshots and use them as fanart. Is there a key combination in Myth? Thanks.

nickrout
March 16th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Bind a key to SCREENSHOT in the TV Playback context using MythControls. Then, hit that key during playback or when paused. Then, check $HOME/.mythtv for the screenshot image.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/theming/392813

4dognight
March 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I had also read that post, but it wasnt exactly clear on what to do. I looked in the keybindings table in the DB and saw the SCREENSHOT entry. So, does this mean the screenshot facility is there but not implemented via a key? Kind of like an undocumented feature? Has anybody actually tried this with success? Steps involved? I was hoping to make some fanart for shows that are missing it.

nickrout
March 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Read the whole thread, the instructions are there!

4dognight
March 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
ok, got it to work. But I still say I cant find anything in that posting on how to setup that keybinding. It refers to 'mythcontrols'. When I google mythcontrols, it leads me to mythtv document that says.

Note: Mythcontrols functionality will be merged into mythfrontend and no longer available as a plugin with the upcoming release of 0.22

Now, I did see keybindings in mythweb. I updated it to a ctrl-s and clicked on save. But it did nothing. So I updated the entry in the database directly to use a ctrl-s. That worked, it even pops a window up on the screen stating it made a screenshot.

The file is stored in ~/.mythtv . So, what is the screenshot directory location in the FE config for? It is pointing to /tmp.

I still hav yet to find anything that mentions screenshot capability in any myth documentation. I wonder what other features are out there undocumented? :-)

killabee44
March 17th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the info guys.....

4dognight, when you say: "I updated teh entry in the database directly" What exactly do you mean?

nickrout
March 17th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Keybindings is also available in the frontend somewhere in the menus.

kja999
March 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Keybindings are also shown in mythweb in a very easy to use manner ...

4dognight
March 18th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the info guys.....

4dognight, when you say: "I updated teh entry in the database directly" What exactly do you mean?

I installed the MySQL query browser and ran the following command in the mythconverg DB,

update keybindings set keylist = 'Ctrl+S' where action = 'SCREENSHOT'

You could also run it using the command line tool for mysql

echo "update keybindings set keylist = 'Ctrl+S' where action = 'SCREENSHOT'"|mysql -u mythtv -p -h 192.168.2.6 -D mythconverg

*substitute your IP and enter your password when prompted