PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Sounds automatically toggle on/off changing between windows and ubuntu - Wubi install

MorrisseyJ
March 14th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I am new to ubuntu and so i am looking around through the Wubi install. After first looking around i found that when i rebooted in windows i found i had no sound. After checking all the windows troubleshoot to no avail - all volumes up and all driver enabeld and up to date - i found out that the problem was that the sound had been muted in Ubuntu. I did not remember doing this.

I have since found that the sound sometimes switches off in ubuntu when i leave ubunti and reboot in windows leaving me with no sound in windows. I have also recently found that my microphone had been muted in windows and so my mic would not work in Ubuntu.

So far i have solved these problems by going back into the OS that i booted from before the problem arose in the other OS, and checking sound controls. Sometimes changing them works and sometimes it does not.

I also find that my wireless light (on my pc) is on whenever i boot in Ubuntu - even if it was not on when i left windows. I am not sure if these problems are related - the wireless issue does not seem to cause any hassles as i just turn it off.

I am working on a Asus A6 series entertainment notebook.

I am not sure if i am doing this or if its a bug in the Wubi install. If its the former then a solution would be appreciated. If the latter, i guess i might have to just push ahead and commit to the partitioned install.

Any advice is very much appreciated.