PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] alltel mobile broadband

Arcnsparc
March 14th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Im running 9.10 karmic on a dell studio laptop and am having trouble getting an alltel issued (now verizon) mobile broadband usb card to work right. Ive tried different usernames and passwords but it still wont work. Does anyone have suggestions?

d3v1150m471c
March 14th, 2010, 01:09 AM
You don't use a username or password. When you plug in the usb modem, create a mobile broadband connection, set it as alltel(should be the first option). Name the new network and you will find it in the menu of your network manager icon. Click on it and allow it to connect. If it doesn't connect from there then it could likely be alltel's well-known awful service.

Arcnsparc
March 14th, 2010, 01:36 AM
I went to network connections, mobile broadband, add, united states & alltel,apply. Then I can name the connection and the number comes up as #777 and i left username and password blank.

The connection does not show up in the manager in the notification area, even after a reboot. Ive tried this with verizon too.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Arcnsparc
March 14th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Apparently this is a common bug in karmic, im going to try hardy and see if that resolves the problem. Thanks for the help, I am converting some one to ubuntu from vista and i really want it to work right :P