PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Change Firefox Window Icon?

floborg
March 13th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I used a custom firefox icon (included in hydroxygen theme) in jaunty. Now, in karmic, the window icon is stuck with the default firefox icon. I managed to get the gnome menu and panel icons to change by sim-linking to my desired icons and naming the links "firefox-3.5.png" I can see my custom icon when I first start Firefox, when the "starting firefox" window appears in the tasklist. After the main window is up, the icon reverts to the default icon.

If you don't know what I mean here's a screenshot where I have an already-opened window alongside an opening window. I would like the window to use the icon in the instance on the right.

floborg
March 16th, 2010, 10:09 PM
This is also an issue with the Lucid Daily build and the Humanity icons. The change is subtle, but, look closely, and you'll see the icon change slightly once the "Starting Firefox" window is gone.

floborg
March 18th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Ha - Thunderbird has the same issue.

floborg
May 11th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Still a problem in Lucid.

floborg
November 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Still a problem in Maverick.

Frogs Hair
November 20th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I use Namoroka , the daily 3.6.xx build and the icon has changed from the blue globe (Deer Park menu icon) to the one you prefer.

floborg
December 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I use Namoroka , the daily 3.6.xx build and the icon has changed from the blue globe (Deer Park menu icon) to the one you prefer.

They must do something to those daily builds before it becomes official because I just updated from 3.6.12 to 3.6.13, and the problem remains.

floborg
August 11th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Still a problem with 5.0 in 11.04 Natty.