PDA

View Full Version : Sound distortion, quirky high peek frequency sound

gunnartr
March 10th, 2010, 07:06 PM
1. Sound distortion, i.e. there comes a quirky high peek frequency sound, short, with ab. 30sec. intervals when I watch live TV.
2. The tuner card don't tune in on channel no.1, which I put in as starting channel, instead there is a "snow-blizzard" and I have to press a arrow key to get a channel.
Any suggestions some one?

I am running Mythbuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-18 on MSI- K8MM-V motherboard whit sound card on the motherboard. Tuner is Haupauge 1300.

gwagchunks
March 11th, 2010, 01:04 PM
1. Sound distortion, i.e. there comes a quirky high peek frequency sound, short, with ab. 30sec. intervals when I watch live TV.
2. The tuner card don't tune in on channel no.1, which I put in as starting channel, instead there is a "snow-blizzard" and I have to press a arrow key to get a channel.
Any suggestions some one?

I am running Mythbuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-18 on MSI- K8MM-V motherboard whit sound card on the motherboard. Tuner is Haupauge 1300.

1. Squeeky sound, pixelated picture. I got this with my DVB card on channels with low signal strength. An aerial upgrade and aerial booster helped.

2. There is an option in mythsetup against the video card to select the starting channel (can't remember the exact screen, sorry), change the channel to one that works.

Good luck.