PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 64 + 32 bit browser with 64 + 32 bit plugins?

CyberAngel
March 10th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Is it possible?
I have a Kubuntu 9.10 64 bit with 64 bit browser plugins working without problems.
Yesterday happened to go on a site that needs a 32bit extension so I can`t load it. Is it possible to setup a 32 bit browser on the same system and make it use its own 32 bit plugins?
When I`m setting up flock 32 bit for example, even if I`m creating the folder ~/.flock/plugins and copying the plugins into there, it doesn`t seems to be able to work with them as it is checking the system wide plugin folders that they contain the 64 bit plugins...

CyberAngel
March 10th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Is it possible?
I have a Kubuntu 9.10 64 bit with 64 bit browser plugins working without problems.
Yesterday happened to go on a site that needs a 32bit extension so I can`t load it. Is it possible to setup a 32 bit browser on the same system and make it use its own 32 bit plugins?
When I`m setting up flock 32 bit for example, even if I`m creating the folder ~/.flock/plugins and copying the plugins into there, it doesn`t seems to be able to work with them as it is checking the system wide plugin folders that they contain the 64 bit plugins...

Worked finally :confused:
Maybe there was something cached and it was not showing that the plugin exists...
I really don`t know...
The fact is that now I have chrome and firefox 64 bit with 64 bit flash plugin for example and flock with its 32 bit flash plugin and the 32 bit extensions that I can`t find their 64 bit equal versions!