PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can not obtain ip address with a particular wireless network

dragonwingsdragon
March 5th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Hi, I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and I recently changed certain settings of my router. After that ubuntu isnt able to obtain IP address from this wifi network. I've tried to connect with win 7 and OS X and both of the OSes are able to connect to the same wifi network. I tried to connect ubuntu to another wifi network at school and it connected successfully. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue will be appreciated. Thank you!

dragonwingsdragon
March 5th, 2010, 01:42 PM
bump

no one has solved similar problems? I kinda need to resolve this badly because of course project so ill really appreciate any input here

robobart
March 19th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I just started having the same problem!

My tech guys tell me that it is a problem with their "vendors" software but I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts? Macs and PCs can connect just fine.

Also just to reiterate, it is just with one specific wireless network. I can connect to other networks just fine.

robobart
March 19th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Also I started having the problem almost exactly a week ago.

dragonwingsdragon
March 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Update: after 2 weeks i found out that it is able to connect some times. ubuntu connects when the broadcast channel is 1 and fails to connect when the channel is 6. however i can successfully connect to other wifi networks with broadcast channel 6. still cant figure out whats going on

chris0108
March 29th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Totally the same thing for me mate, can not get ip address yet other pc's and laptops connect to it fine (running windows)
Which network manager are you using? Iv just wicd on mine which does show where it is connection wise alot better

chris0108
March 29th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Right well sorted mine out.
Using Wicd, if you go to properties and put the actual ip address in manually it connects straight away (i know you shouldnt have to but it will do for the minute)

Well thought it was but now mine just connects and drops out straight after LOL
Ill play some more and let you know

dragonwingsdragon
March 30th, 2010, 09:12 AM
im using wicd as my network manager. previously the default network manager didnt work either. hope you can find a workaround for it soon