PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Any way to have Gnome automount icons on the right?

mbgaski
March 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hey guys. Just a quick question - tend to keep application icons on my desktop in addition to the automounted drive icons that show up when I plug in devices. However, I typically don't want them mixed together. What I'd prefer, is to have icons for mounted devices appear on the right of the screen rather than the left. I could then keep my application icons on the left.

Any way to do this on Ubuntu 9.10 under the standard Gnome desktop?

PS I know that I COULD drag my application icons to the right and let the drives just keep mounting on the left, but that would just seem backwards to me, since I'm used to application icons moreso in Windows (where they're on the left) and drives on the desktop on my Mac (where they're on the right). I'll resort to this if I have to, but would prefer not to.

Thanks.

wiebeest
March 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hey guys. Just a quick question - tend to keep application icons on my desktop in addition to the automounted drive icons that show up when I plug in devices. However, I typically don't want them mixed together. What I'd prefer, is to have icons for mounted devices appear on the right of the screen rather than the left. I could then keep my application icons on the left.

Any way to do this on Ubuntu 9.10 under the standard Gnome desktop?

PS I know that I COULD drag my application icons to the right and let the drives just keep mounting on the left, but that would just seem backwards to me, since I'm used to application icons moreso in Windows (where they're on the left) and drives on the desktop on my Mac (where they're on the right). I'll resort to this if I have to, but would prefer not to.

Thanks.

I was wondering if it was possible too.
Or at least that it remembers the position of a mounted drive remounting...

komputes
March 12th, 2010, 11:59 PM
You can add me to the list. I opened the following question on Launchpad but have not gotten any answers yet:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/gnome-desktop/+question/73184

I would expect a gconf value that would do this but I don't think it exists. Can anyone find a brainstorm idea or gnome bug requesting this feature?