PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing ubuntu

shadowlands
March 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
O.K., you guessed it my ubuntu crashed again and I am at the grub menu. MS OS works fine but Ubuntu bombed?

My computer cord has a short and when it shuts down sometimes my MS OS starts checking the hard drive, I guess that is what it is doing, I get this count down and afte that happens my ubuntu will no longer work.

Yep, I need another cord, but has any one published or put together a best practices guide for ubuntu to help prevent the crashes?

Ia ther a best practices guide for ubuntu for those of us who like it but frustrated with the problems that come along with new Ubuntu upgrades and funk acting computer cards?

Thanks for your time and help!!

viper250
March 4th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I find its a lot easier to wipe the drives before installing a new os even with upgrades.
because sometimes problems can occur with upgrades. grub errors are common and can be a headache from time to time.
as long as your data is backed up then there is no issues to deal with between old os and new os

the best practice for any os whether it is linux , mac, or microsith is to back up your data regular basis and keep the backups properly organized.
depending on the work you are doing you can find that the data you back up can be worth more than your computer