PDA

View Full Version : Java + Sound = FAIL

tad1073
March 4th, 2010, 02:53 AM
There is no sound with java, ie, limewire, frostwire etc. or maybe it is flashplayer, who knows.

:~/Desktop$ limewire
Starting LimeWire...
Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
Suitable java version found [java = 1.6.0_18]
Configuring environment...
Loading LimeWire:
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
[/var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]

Ibidem
March 4th, 2010, 04:43 AM
That last bit (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64) looks to me like you have a 32-bit Java (Sun Java, not the default openjdk/jre) installed on x86_64, along with a 64-bit Flash.
What happens with openjdk6? Does Limewire fail to run?

tad1073
March 4th, 2010, 04:47 AM
That last bit (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64) looks to me like you have a 32-bit Java (Sun Java, not the default openjdk/jre) installed on x86_64, along with a 64-bit Flash.
What happens with openjdk6? Does Limewire fail to run?

It doesn't fail to run, there is just no sound, everything else works fine.

The same behavior happens on a 32-bit machine also but I haven't started limewire through the terminal on that machine.

Ibidem
March 4th, 2010, 04:55 AM
The problem looks to be something about the Flash plugin not working. I assume that Flash is where you get sound. But I don't know why Flash isn't working with Java.
I was asking if openjdk6 would run Limewire.
I presume that sound, in and of itself, is working?

tad1073
March 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
The problem looks to be something about the Flash plugin not working. I assume that Flash is where you get sound. But I don't know why Flash isn't working with Java.
I was asking if openjdk6 would run Limewire.
I presume that sound, in and of itself, is working?

yes, sound is working, just not with limewire