PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Keyboard layout switcher indicator

Ichtyandr
March 3rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
After todays update noticed that keyboard layout switcher indicator no longer shows which language/layout is in use. I have to click at least two times to change it as well now. Instead of letters (like US or RU) it now shows keyboard symbol only (see attached screen).
Is this a new interface feature? If so, is it possible to make this more comfortable? I tried checking /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/indicator/showFlags but thats seems to be something else or otherwise it does not work

Polniy
March 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
After todays update noticed that keyboard layout switcher indicator no longer shows which language/layout is in use. I have to click at least two times to change it as well now. Instead of letters (like US or RU) it now shows keyboard symbol only (see attached screen).
Is this a new interface feature? If so, is it possible to make this more comfortable? I tried checking /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/indicator/showFlags but thats seems to be something else or otherwise it does not work
It's a regression, of course. BTW, I'm very sad about this bug. It proves how poorly thought-out indicator approach is.

aethralis
March 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
I took the liberty of filing the bug using some of the text from your original post. I agree the change is annoying.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-applet/+bug/531438

Ichtyandr
March 3rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
thanks, I joined it

castrojo
March 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
This is a regression and will be reverted, thanks for the bug report!