PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] gpic/lxde

dzon65
March 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know how to set gpicview as default picture viewer in lxde?

s.fox
March 2nd, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hello,

I think something like this is what you need to do.

xdg-mime default gpicview.desktop `grep ‘MimeType=’ /usr/share/applications/gpicview.desktop | sed -e ’s/.*=//’ -e ’s/;/ /g’`
Information sourced from here (http://blog.lxde.org/?p=50)

-Silver Fox

dzon65
March 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Just back.Well,it should,at least that's what I found googling on it,but it doesn't.The mime type can't be found (some problem with xdg-mime).For some reason,can't seem to set default progs.Gave minimal/lxde a try on an old pc and I've got an lxde session option on my main.Same results.Perhaps the iso is a bit corrupted.I'll burn another one and see what it gives.On my main using minimal ubuntu with an lxde session though,so that cannot be a iso problemIt's a petty though,that for a leightweight like lxde,takes a bunch of configuring to make it work.(default progs,desktop icons etc...).In the mean time,I'll consider the thread closed.Thanks for the tip.
Kind regards,J.

kerry_s
March 2nd, 2010, 06:26 PM
just right click on the pic-> open with-> open with another program, then select the program & check the box.

dzon65
March 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Kerry?That's a gimp job,wright?Lol.Wish it were that simple,but don't have that option.Checked the other pc.Take a look.

dzon65
March 3rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
And trying to set it in gpic's settings doesn't work either.

kerry_s
March 3rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Kerry?That's a gimp job,wright?Lol.Wish it were that simple,but don't have that option.Checked the other pc.Take a look.

nope, thats a pic from my debian lxde install. i have no idea why its missing from yours. :lolflag:
let me jump on that computer & look around,i'll get back to you.

kerry_s
March 3rd, 2010, 10:54 AM
i don't know what to tell you, i have that option for everything, files, shells scripts, configs, etc...

dzon65
March 3rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Well,stuck in the same don't-know-what-to-say.Works in every windowmanager,filemanager,whatever manager.......but not in lxde.This is the latest release (as far as I know),perhaps there's something missing,I don't know.
Wouldn't bother too much though,I'll live.Anyhow,thanks for the replies.
Kind regards,J.