PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] IMAP and calendar sync.

EmanresuusernamE
March 2nd, 2010, 02:41 AM
I'm looking for a method to sync my calendars on my IMAP server with both my Thunderbird/Lightning any my Blackberry. I found "IMAP Calendar Proxy" here recently, but it has been inactive for 5 years. I've seen people suggesting the use of services like Plaxo and such, but I don't like the idea of a third party messing with my calendars and contacts. Also, I've had to remove several viruses from computers with Plaxo, and I'm not sure if it in itself is a virus or not..... It certainly is a thorn in my side as is.

This is for my personal IMAP server, so I'd prefer a free solution even if it is more difficult to install than a paid version. I mainly need it to just sync my calendar to my Blackberry and Thunderbird and couldn't care less about the contacts.

I've been Googling for things for quite some time now, and haven't really found anything that says that it will work with Blackberry and Thunderbird. They really only give a sense of maybe with nothing really defined.

Does anyone have any experience with anything that I can put on an Ubuntu server to sync everything? I don't want to leave my computer on all the time, and RIM has yet to come out with something decent to sync Blackberries and Thunderbird properly as far as I know.

kewlrichie
March 2nd, 2010, 06:16 AM
I don't know of an answer that would connect BB to thunderbird/lightning. But at my office we use thunderbird and lightning and what I did for my boss who uses a palm pre was I installed the provider addon which let's you use your google calendar through lightning. So that could keep you sync'd but you need an extra gmail account.

EmanresuusernamE
March 2nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
In theory that's great, but I don't want to be reliant on Google or any other service.

I mainly want to keep it as simple as possible to avoid over complicating it.

HermanAB
March 2nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Citadel + Funambol?

EmanresuusernamE
March 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I'm looking into using this when time permits........ However there's no real definitive way to install both programs that I can find, or that are updated. On paper, they both look good and look like they're exactly what I wanted.

EmanresuusernamE
May 25th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Ok, Funambol seems to be the winner and does exactly what I want it too, however there's a catch. I'm trying to get Alfresco to work on my server as well, and realized that Funambol has taken over Tomcat completely and won't let Alfresco respond. Anyone know how to change the ports, or get Tomcat to work with both of these at the same time properly?