PDA

View Full Version : streaming Smallville in mythbuntu

linuxhippy
February 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I just installed the Hulu desktop on my mythbuntu 9.10 box and it works great. I just streamed a movie inside myth. Hulu cannot find Smallville though to stream in myth. On another pc I searched for Smallville in Hulu and saw that it finds Smallville but opens up another page at cwtv.com. This page won't stream to Linux it says. Is there some way to stream Smallville through Hulu in mythbuntu?

klc5555
February 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I just installed the Hulu desktop on my mythbuntu 9.10 box and it works great. I just streamed a movie inside myth. Hulu cannot find Smallville though to stream in myth. On another pc I searched for Smallville in Hulu and saw that it finds Smallville but opens up another page at cwtv.com. This page won't stream to Linux it says. Is there some way to stream Smallville through Hulu in mythbuntu?

It appears that the CW is, at least at present, non-Linux. Attempting to stream one of the shows on their site in anything other than Windows or OSX will get you their "not supported" message and kick you out. Presumably the error pertains to some sort of proprietary player coding the network hasn't bothered to port to the lesser-used OSs.