PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with self-produced DVDs not recognized

Francesco187
February 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
I am a newcomer to Ubuntu is trying "desperately" to give up Windows and I hope to succeed.
I am a fan of films that record with a DVD recorder with HD model Samsung.
Wanting to pass on what I recorded on pc I had to burn movies on dvd rewritable, as the Samsung does not make me move movies on USB stick.
Then I finalize the DVD with the DVD recorder that ever so I created a 4.7GB VIDEO_TS folder and G with related vob files inside.
This dvd if you put them on the PC with Windows start and I can see the actual content of the file in Windows Explorer and then copy them to develop.
If the computer starts with Ubuntu 9.04 I can only see them through mplayer, I have to say to open the DVD, but I can not get to see the content.
Tells me that it is impossible to mount the dvd (permission problems), sees them empty to format, in short, with Ubuntu I can not have files for them to process.
All this happens only with DVDs burned on my dvd recorder from the table.
Is there a solution?

LuridCinema
February 23rd, 2010, 06:47 PM
Need some more info..
What Operating system did you use to burn the DVD ?
Did you specify NTSC or PAL?
What Program did you use to burn the DVD ?
Have you tried playing the DVD in a DVD player hooked up to a TV ???
What Operating system did you use to try and play the DVD ??

Francesco187
March 3rd, 2010, 02:52 PM
As already written in my previous post Problems with self-produced DVDs are not recognized and have "bypassed" by installing K9copy that allowed me to work the video now I am still looking for a solution. In fact, if the rewritable DVD, there are files to be copied and / or view these are not accessible because Nautilus not mounting them. When I insert the dvd the permissions / media / cdrom are changed. E 'possible to mount the dvd if you log on with a profile root. How do I put in fstab this profile?

I forgot to say that my profile is in the groups cdrom, admin, and I've changed the owner of the folder cdrom, / media / cdrom, / media/cdrom0 and / dev / sro and / dev/scd0 for root and I gave it as a new proprietatrio my profile and the same group as my profile .......