PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to use a Blackberry pearl as a modem using ubuntu 9.10?

ale2010
February 22nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
If anyone knows how to use the blackberry pearl as a modem on ubuntu desktop latest version. Please let me know...:(

noway2
February 24th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Try berr4all, www.berry4all.com. I use it to tether my BB under linux. The wifi I usually use was down this evening and I used it to get a connection, while listenig to internet radio at the same time. It isn't the speediest connection, but it is decent and sure as hell is a lot better than none.

Simpyl download and unzip. You will need to scan once and select your provider. The application will also put your USB port into charge mode. You will either need to run the script as sudo or change the USB permissions. Also, note, it does not seem to work on 3G networks. You need to change your network to 2G (edge) only.

ale2010
February 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Thank you very much, I'll try these steps this saturday.....thanks again I'll let you know if it works or not.....:D

ale2010
February 24th, 2010, 10:09 PM
try berr4all, www.berry4all.com (http://www.berry4all.com). I use it to tether my bb under linux. The wifi i usually use was down this evening and i used it to get a connection, while listenig to internet radio at the same time. It isn't the speediest connection, but it is decent and sure as hell is a lot better than none.

Simpyl download and unzip. You will need to scan once and select your provider. The application will also put your usb port into charge mode. You will either need to run the script as sudo or change the usb permissions. Also, note, it does not seem to work on 3g networks. You need to change your network to 2g (edge) only.

thank you so much....just wanted to let you know that worked fine....i'm very happy with the link you provided me....it took 40 minutes but at the end it worked....thanks a lot again.....:d