PDA

View Full Version : Please help me figure out Harmony remote mapping to MCE...

killabee44
February 21st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Guys,

I have a Harmony 900 remote. I got it working fine with Myhtbuntu, but the buttons are not quite the way I want them. Here are some of the issues I am trying to solve.

When I change channels, channels do not change until I select the ok button, making it take too long to change a channel. I want to change a channel real time.

I would like a button set up to skip pages when I am using the guide.

I would like to set up buttons to take me directly to Mythvideo, Mythgallery etc. or to skip through them.

The problem is that I do not have an MCE remote to learn functions from. Your help is appreciated.

kyfehr
February 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM
I can tell you to fix the first issue the channel change then ok issue is a setting in the Settings pages. not sure which one off the top of my head, but it is a setting.

kyfehr
February 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM
also this site might help you
http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/hardware/7871-biggest-baddest-best-remote-control.html

killabee44
February 21st, 2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks, Ill be looking into that link. Also, I forgot to mention that I am using a MCE USB infrared.

joho500
February 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Guys,

I would like to set up buttons to take me directly to Mythvideo, Mythgallery etc. or to skip through them.

You can do this by setting up Global keys in mythtv for these options (I use Mythweb for this) and then map them in your lirc file to the MyVideos, MyMusic buttons of the original MCE remote.

Like this:

begin
prog = mythtv
button = MyMusic
config = $
end

You can than map your Harmony buttons to these MCE buttons.

Cheers,
Joost

killabee44
February 24th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Ok, I don't quite understand how to do this, but I will research further..

Thanks.