PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bluetooth just won't work

Kruptein
February 21st, 2010, 01:28 PM
I have ubuntu 9.10 and bluetooth won't work at all.
after doing: sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
-sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth status returns: bluetooth is not running
-bluetooth daemon is not shown

I use a bluetooth dongle btw

Kruptein
February 22nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Bump*

My dongle is from Idream bluetooth
should I install something?
-gnome-bluetooth and bluez-gnome are installed

:confused:

tlcstat
February 22nd, 2010, 10:56 PM
delete

tlcstat
February 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
delete

Kruptein
February 23rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
I already had blueman installed, but it always gave the error (and still gives) that bluez-deamon is not started

tlcstat
February 23rd, 2010, 09:26 PM
delete

Kruptein
February 24th, 2010, 02:49 PM
if I do that, I get an error package not available, but it worked with ppa:blueman/ppa

although after update it still gave me the daemon error :s

tlcstat
February 24th, 2010, 03:01 PM
delete

Kruptein
February 24th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I'm talking about blueman actually :f, it was blueman that gave me the daemon error.

but it is definitly something with /etc/init.d/bluetooth

cause I remember the first time I plugged in my dongle it worked and I could transfer files to my gsm,
but after a reboot it didn't anymore

and that's because /etc/init.d/bluetooth status
always gives: bluetooth is not running
how can I solve this?
I already tried multiple times to reinstall everything related with bluetooth but no luck either :(

Kruptein
February 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Bump again =(
it still does not want to run

tlcstat
February 28th, 2010, 02:37 AM
delete

dragonboss
February 28th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I don't know the exact fix to this problem but the same thing happens with my bluetooth dongle from time to time(actually, its doing it now...) but just fiddle with it, take it out and put it back then if it does not show or the applet says its off then reboot with it out and put it back in. That usually works for me but i cant be bothered to reboot right now.

Kruptein
February 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Tclstat: It does not have something to do with my dongle!

It's /etc/init.d/bluetooth that does not want to start, this should not be something that depends on my dongle.

Can someone give me a copy of that file to be sure mine isn't damaged.
?

tlcstat
February 28th, 2010, 02:00 PM
delete

Kruptein
February 28th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks,
but it is the same =(

so I really don't see why
/etc/init.d/bluetooth start
does not work :confused:

mark bower
March 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM
You can save a heap of frustration by getting the Belkin F5D7050 USB wireless adapter (on line for about $US 30. A large number of persons have had success with it. I can practically guarantee it working for you "out of the box" in Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04 and 9.10. I have used the F5D7050 with the Ubu versions mentioned and on three different motherboards - with absolutely no problems.

I purchased the F5D7050 because my PCI wireless adapters require ndiswrapper and my Netgear USB adapter did not work. Going thru 3 thick plaster walls at my residence to reach the router, the F5D7050 works just fine with a signal strength of about 30/100.

If you switch to it, please post your success for others to see.

mark

Kruptein
March 4th, 2010, 05:48 PM
You can save a heap of frustration by getting the Belkin F5D7050 USB wireless adapter (on line for about $US 30. A large number of persons have had success with it. I can practically guarantee it working for you "out of the box" in Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04 and 9.10. I have used the F5D7050 with the Ubu versions mentioned and on three different motherboards - with absolutely no problems.

I purchased the F5D7050 because my PCI wireless adapters require ndiswrapper and my Netgear USB adapter did not work. Going thru 3 thick plaster walls at my residence to reach the router, the F5D7050 works just fine with a signal strength of about 30/100.

If you switch to it, please post your success for others to see.

mark

1.I think you misunderstood me, I'm talking about bluetooth dongles, not about wireless internet adapters.
2. Even if I buy a bluetooth dongle from the internet, it still won't work if bluetooth does not want to start or am I wrong in that?

tlcstat
March 4th, 2010, 06:11 PM
delete

Kruptein
March 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Okay, if u say so I will believe you, but one last thing: my dongle did work the first time and I was able to transfer files from my pc to my gsm
but from the moment I restarted it didn't work again

tlcstat
March 4th, 2010, 06:39 PM
delete

mark bower
March 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Kruptein

I was apparently asleep. I can only say that the dongles that work for me out of the box (Ubu 8.10 to 9.10) are the Hawking HBTC2, Cirago BTA-6210 and a cheapy called Vakoss (about $US 6). It is my impression that most dongles should work, but then ticsat has stated it well - no guarantees. When you get a dongle to work, you might want to visit my post "bluetooth signal strenth". Didn't get any help in this forum, so sort of worked it out on my own.

mark

tlcstat
March 5th, 2010, 05:28 AM
delete