PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Startup Failure Ubuntu 9.10

dadopeman31
February 20th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Well I have been using ubuntu 9.10 for a while now and after last night I shut it down. It shut down normally and this morning when I booted it up it gave me the run in low-graphics error and what not. So I went into console did updates then I looked at xorg.conf and so on and did not manage to have any luck. So I switched back over to my Windows7 to figure what was wrong trying to use the forums and google and I tried all the different solutions I could find and had no luck. On the side I was quite annoyed by the error I got in console during my actions. Hub 1-0:1.0: Connected Debounce Failed Port 2 Disabled...nothing that couldnt be worked around but i would like to kill 2 birds with one stone if possible. Last actions before I turned off was I installed Apache 2 PHP 5 and some system updates that was the only changes done to the system.
Computer
Board - XFX nforce 780i
Card - 9800 GTX+ (Single Card)
CPU - Core 2 Quad Core 2.66ghz (forgot model number)
Ram - 4 Gigs (Dont Remember Brand..None SLI)

Computer is not set to overclock
Hope this was detailed enough help would be appreciated in advance thank you.

dadopeman31
February 20th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I tried reinstalling the desktop...the drivers and still no luck it doesn't even put me in low graphics mode now i go straight to terminal i think with my meddling i have gotten deeper than the problem should have been.

MooPi
February 20th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Can you
startx from terminal login ?

dadopeman31
February 20th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Says there are no screens gives me also errno 2 which says it cant connect to X server and also errno 3 which just says server error. Im guessing this is a xorg.conf issue?

dadopeman31
February 21st, 2010, 01:21 AM
Still unable to figure out what the problem is mainly...might give and reinstall