PDA

View Full Version : MythTV sounds like it's underwater

Amorget
February 15th, 2010, 08:42 PM
My setup is Ubuntu 9.10 with the entire MythTV package installed. I had to do this instead of Mythbuntu to get my HDMI working. So, outside of MythTV everything works perfectly. Videos play correctly, same with Flash and MP3s. However inside of MythTV the audio sounds like it's underwater. Some of the fixes are related to a flag that is set to On (Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack is one of them) however, they are both set to None. I am guessing it has something to do with the ASLA in MythTV while everything else is using PulseAudio. I tried change my settings in MythTV for the audio output and passthrough devices, however nothing but "ALSA:Default" has resulted in any sound output.

Any idea on how to fix it? It's really annoying to have to use the keyboard and trackball to watch anything.

Thanks,
Douglas

holgate17
March 12th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I had 8.04 running fine, and then updated it and now most of my on line TV has the same problem. I'm trying to get back to a post that had the files that they were trying to revert back to, and after registering I'm here. Funny thing, the music is fine it's just the voice that is bad. 9.04 isn't any better and I'm now going back to try and find the post that seemed to address the problem. Maybe when I learn to navagate, I'll get back here to let you know...or feel free to E-Mail holgate17@gmail.com