PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Some networking problems

mrpenguin
February 15th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I have two problems ...

I am connected to the internet with a Rogers Rocket Stick, when I want to check my mail in Evolution the "send and receive" tab is not highlighted.
It was working yesterday when I was connected through wireless
why is that and how do I fix it ?

I installed Ubunto remix on a Netbook but I can not connect my Laptop with ubuntu to my Netbook with ubuntu, both these computers are connected on the network, it asked for the password to be able to connect on both computers but I cant get the two to communicate with each other .... yesterday when I still had windows xp on my Netbook I had no problem connecting the two computers ...

gordintoronto
February 15th, 2010, 03:41 AM
In Evolution, under File, is there an entry, "Work Online"? If so, click it.

How do you want to have your two computers communicate with each other? Sharing folders? Do they have the same workgroup?

mrpenguin
February 15th, 2010, 04:39 AM
In Evolution, under File, is there an entry, "Work Online"? If so, click it.

How do you want to have your two computers communicate with each other? Sharing folders? Do they have the same workgroup?

Thanks ... email is working now

I have a router and both computers is connected to it but I do not see them under networks to be able to share files with each other

Yesterday my netbook still had windows xp on it ... the moment I switch the router on my linux and windows computer was able to see each other under networks.

mrpenguin
February 15th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I can see my shared folders now but when I am on my netbook trying to open the shared folder thats on my laptop it tells me I do not have permission to look inside the folder ... on my laptop I gave it complete sharing control to even modify the folder ... what am I doing wrong ?

Iowan
February 15th, 2010, 11:03 PM
The netbook user has a Samba account on the laptop? (Probably the same user name - but just checking...)

ant2ne
February 16th, 2010, 05:12 AM
see my samba sig. There I link to another ubuntu thread regarding samba/cifs network browsing.