PDA

View Full Version : [other] numlockx in Karmic

DarinB
February 14th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Numlockx in Karmic Koala Linuxmint 8 edition. turns off after grub then does not turn on at log in screen,
anybody know how to fix this?
I have read about this before but i had no problems in ubuntu jaunty.

cariboo907
February 15th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I have the Numlock key turned on at boot in the bios on all of my systems.

DarinB
February 15th, 2010, 01:39 AM
yes it is on in the bios it comes on during the grub menu then it goes off again as it has fiesty, but in all of them the numlockx app took care of it. any ideas

DarinB
February 16th, 2010, 01:26 AM
i gave up i made my pc boot with the keypad working.... I am using it in no password needed log in mode.
i live alone anyway. I hate it when stuff doesn't work out of the box. and numlockx did for jaunty....but that was the end of what worked with jaunty it seems the last good distro i had was hardy and before that feisty. So far Linuxmint 8 based on karmic seems better than ubuntu karmic. i can go online i can print, my firefox doesn't seem to freeze every two minutes. that is already an improvement in both jaunty and ubuntu karmic....i am still holding my breath though.

lovinglinux
February 16th, 2010, 01:27 AM
...my firefox doesn't seem to freeze every two minutes...

Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1193567).

DarinB
February 16th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Frakkin awesome where was this two weeks ago when i was pulling my hair out. So far things are really running well with Linuxmint 8 Karmic edition.
but i copied and pasted this post on to a doc for future reference.
thanks.
hey have you read the BSG Trilogy, three books based on teleplays that were never done. definitely a great book. Gotta love Caprica, ddi you see the latest episode?

lovinglinux
February 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Frakkin awesome where was this two weeks ago when i was pulling my hair out. So far things are really running well with Linuxmint 8 Karmic edition.
but i copied and pasted this post on to a doc for future reference.
thanks.

You are welcome.

hey have you read the BSG Trilogy, three books based on teleplays that were never done. definitely a great book.

No I haven't. I doubt I would find such books here in my country, but I will look if I can find on Amazon. Thanks.

Gotta love Caprica, ddi you see the latest episode?

Unfortunately, I have to wait a little bit. The shows start with 2 months delay here.

DarinB
February 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM
even if you go to megavideo blinkx or some other web site like that?
what country?
The book i got is from the public library the system in NYC is phenomenal.

any idea on the numlockx with karmic?

lovinglinux
February 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
even if you go to megavideo blinkx or some other web site like that?

There are plenty of sources on the web, but not "official" ones. Hulu doesn't work outside US. The only show I can get officially here online is Lost, which is streamed by my ISP video site, but it doesn't work on Linux ](*,)

what country?

Brazil

the public library the system in NYC is phenomenal

I can imagine. Can I get it online from another country?

any idea on the numlockx with karmic?

Nope. I'm also looking for a solution.

DarinB
February 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM
obrigado

lovinglinux
February 16th, 2010, 02:49 PM
obrigado

:)