PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Accidently deleted panel - several issues

Amanda8404
February 14th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

Awhile ago I accidently deleted the panel all my launchers on it. I got it back up, but now I'm having a few different problems and I'm not sure if they are related to the panel problem but they occured immediately after:

1. The bars telling you how much internet you have are gone and I don't know how to get them back up.

2. Every time I restart the computer, I have to go to Network and retype the password for my wireless. It used to remember.

3. Ktorrent - It's icon used to be up there, telling me when someone was downloading from me. To look at the uploads and downloads, I clicked on the icon. Now, when I try to open Ktorrent, the icon doesn't appear and I can't tell if anything is happening. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ktorrent but it always says I already have it. Another thread mentioned that you have to find some hidden files to really delete Ktorrent, and I did that but still no luck.

4. Firefox no longer opens. I put it's icon on the launcher, but it doesn't open from the menu or the panel. Other browsers work.

I'm not sure if these are related to each other or not, but I am putting them in the same post because they happened at the same time. It was awhile ago and since most things still work I 've just been dealing with it - I also installed updates at that time but I don't know what they were. I am running 8.04.

Any ideas? Thanks!

lockalidiot
February 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
At least for the part 1. r-click the panal->add to panel->notification area. Add that and your bars should show again.

Amanda8404
February 14th, 2010, 11:54 PM
That was helpful advice because I couldn't think of what the thing was called that I wanted to add to the panel.However, adding to the panel isn't working anymore - I can right click and get to the window but I can't add or remove anything to the panel. Firefox is working again.