PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Clamtk

iggy pop
February 14th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I am running Clamtk 4.15 which i installes from Synaptic. Now when i went to: Help -> Update Signatures i was informed that there is a newer version available. But how do i get hold of the newer version? Anyone please!

ajgreeny
February 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM
You probably don't, and you don't need to worry either. The newer version spoken of is clamtk, not the signatures that are updated automatically by freshclam when you boot. The application itself will be fixed with the repos of whichever version of ubuntu you use, and only when you upgrade to the next ubuntu will you normally get a new version of the clamtk.

The important thing is that you have the most up to date signatures, which you will have, so just carry on and forget about that message.

As a side comment, do you really need a virus checker? If you are not running a server it may be unnecessary, though I am aware that many like to have one available; I suppose it comforts them in some way.

the_phenom
February 15th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I am running Clamtk 4.15 which i installes from Synaptic. Now when i went to: Help -> Update Signatures i was informed that there is a newer version available. But how do i get hold of the newer version? Anyone please!
Go to http://clamtk.sf.net for newer versions or wait for Ubuntu to release one.