PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] DEVEDE disc usage

randumnumber
February 14th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Hello all, I have a simple question, i hope.

I am new to devede and am having no troubles getting multiple .avi files onto a single .iso image to burn to dvd, it even has a nifty menu to select which video i would like to watch.

The question i have is how to maximize my dvd usage, I put 2 avi files on the que to be converted and click the adjust disk usage button to 99% on a 4.7 gig disc, but when the output is finaly done (some 4-5 hours later) the file is only 3.9 gig this file works perfectly fine after a burn, but i have .8 gig left to use and could have possibly put another video on the disk.
The program itself does not tell you an est. of the size of the output and i assume it is supposed to use all available space. I understand that 1 or 2 files can only be stretched so far to take up as much space as possible. I also understand that if i were to put 4 videos on the disc it may degrade the quality of each slightly in order to fit all the info on the .iso file.
so,
How do i max. out my dvd without losing video quality?
There is a feature to only convert files to complient mpeg files and also to burn the dvd structure, i have not experimented with these because it takes literally hours to do a full convert.

Does anyone have experiance with this? thanks in advance.