PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Email history disappeared.

jtiriey
February 13th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Hello,

Email history has disappeared. No amount of clicking on task bars restores the inbox history. No "sender", no "subject", no date and time--just blank. "Sent" and other sections operate normally and can be shifted around in format. Clicking on blank lines will produce the original email but going through one by one to find the important one is a problem. What hidden command did I click without knowing it ?

Thanks, Jim

QIII
February 13th, 2010, 05:45 AM
What email application are you using?

jtiriey
February 16th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the delay in responding. I use the Evolution that was supplied with the Ubuntu disk. In addition, I upgraded to 9.10. After downloading all prgrams, the DSL again refused to connect. Connection info and connect icons are all as they should be. My Windows machine works fine on the same service every time when I switch the hardline connection. This on and off connectivitiy problem is a pain. In addition, the email history is still blank. The histories for "sent" etc., appear as normal and can be switched in format as normal, only the "inbox" shows blank. Clicking on the blank line will produce the email stored in history. So, once again, DSL will not connect and Evolution has problems. After 7 hours of 9.10 downloading without incident, I do not suspect an equipment problem. Help. Jim