PDA

View Full Version : Looking for scanner radio programming software

quadproc
February 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I am looking for software which will program the newer scanning radios such as the BCD996XT and runs under Ubuntu in 64 bit mode. Any suggestions, URLs, etc. which might lead to such software are welcome. Or, if such software is being developed, contemplated, etc. that information would also be useful.

I am aware of a couple of Windows-based programs which will do scanner programming, but I do not allow anything Microsoft on the systems that I use, so these programs are not an option. Nor is wine.

(Forum choice note: I tried searching for anything related to scanner radios but came up empty. If there is a better forum to seek such information then please let me know. Thanks.)

audiomick
February 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Have you tried searching in the synaptic package manager using "radio" as the search criterion? I don't know if what you want is there, but there is an amazing amount of ham radio stuff. Maybe you will get lucky.

quadproc
February 12th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Yes, Synaptic did not have anything related to radio (although it did have one entry called "radio" which was actually related to video capture). But thanks for the suggestion.

quadproc