PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] conky

dzon65
February 12th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Can't seem to fix this.Added a screenshot to explain.The background of conky will always be a part of the desktopwallpaper,deforming the view.Should be transparent.Btw,same thing happens to the (should be transparent) terminal.

dzon65
February 12th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Like I said,same thing with terminal.

dzon65
February 12th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Managed the conky problem.Hustled aound in the conkyrc.As for the terminal,not life threatening,annoying though.

AndresM
February 12th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Hi,
pretty new to this, but I heard that the transparency by default on the terminal will only show desktop. If you want to see the windows behind it you will have to use compiz. Never did it myself.

dzon65
February 12th, 2010, 06:09 PM
No.The transparency of the terminal works just fine when there's no open windows.This only happens when there're some open.

dullard
February 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I believe AndresM is correct here. With Compiz, the transparency lets you see the window behind the terminal. Without Compiz, you only see the desktop even if there are windows open between the terminal window and the desktop.

halitech
February 12th, 2010, 06:47 PM
works the same with me (I don't use compiz) and the terminal always shows the desktop, even if I have other windows open between it and the desktop. I do believe this is the default behavior.

dzon65
February 12th, 2010, 07:57 PM
There's all the truth!Just tried with compiz/emerald for the managing of windows (instead of openbox).And indeed,no desktop wallpaper in the terminal's background.i'll consider this closed.Thanks for the info;
Kind regards,J.

Tibuda
February 12th, 2010, 08:08 PM
There's all the truth!Just tried with compiz/emerald for the managing of windows (instead of openbox).And indeed,no desktop wallpaper in the terminal's background.i'll consider this closed.Thanks for the info;
Kind regards,J.

you can have compositing in openbox if you install xcompmgr and run it at startup. that if you prefer to use openbox.

dzon65
February 12th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Didn't know xcompmgr could set the opacity ,or its behaviour for that matter,of the terminal background. And yes,I prefere openbox as windowmanager.Gonna give it a try.Thanks for that.