PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] How to change specific folders/shortcut icons in xubuntu?

vickoxy
February 10th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Hi,
i installed minty icon theme. But i want to change some folder icons-e.g. "Downloads"-there are better looking icons in the same theme. In gnome i had only to right click and choose to change icon, but here i do not see that option.

vickoxy
February 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Bump!

Not possible?

vickoxy
February 12th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Bump

vickoxy
February 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I was reading that there are some changes possible to made in some configuration files for specific icon theme. But found nothing.

So, still, is there easy way to change default xfce icons? I would love to change some - not all - icons. In gnome you just do right click-preferences and change icon...

Jetro
November 20th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I bump for you and all us who wants to change the icon shortcuts.

Mike_tn
November 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
In Ubuntu you can right click a folder, go to properties and hit the emblems tab and it adds an icon of your choice over the folder from the theme. They have a downloads emblem but you have to use the one they offer, so it helps but it isn't a 100% customizing option.
not sure if its the same in Xubuntu. I had Xubuntu installed recently and noticed the options in the GUIs are quite reduced compared to Ubutnu

[Going from memory, I dont have my Linux box with me at the moment]

piquat
November 24th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Edit: Ignore below. Just clicking on the Icon in the properties menu will give you the option to browse to any icon you'd like. Does the same thing as editing the "ICON" value in the actual file. I was making this too hard. :(

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
Newb here, but I think I actually have a clue this time! :)

If you use a file manager with hidden files shown, you'll see the launchers on your desktop. Open one up in gedit, or whatever text editor you prefer.

The last entry is (for my root terminal launcher anyway) "gnome-panel-launcher". I used gnome-search (IIRC) to search for "gnome-panel-launcher" and I found several of them. There are two that are scalable but only one of those is in the Mint-X folder (/usr/share/icons/Min-X/apps/48 ). I'm kind of busy right now but I'd bet if I point it somewhere else, it'll adopt whatever I point it at.

Going to try this later on today. I'll post back later if no one else beats me to it.