View Full Version : Stop Maximus from Maximizing Nautilus?
February 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I like having Maximus working on my netbook for most programs. There are a few I found it annoying for and I was able to successfully tell Maximus to exclude them (Tomboy and the terminal).
However, I can't figure out what the window name for Nautilus is to tell Maximus to exclude it. I've tried Nautilus and nautilus (not sure if case matters)... any other suggestions?
June 4th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I solved this on my PC using gconf-editor and a comment (http://albertsq.blogspot.com/2008/09/maximus-configuration.html?showComment=1224083940000#c8175 276465621462352) on this blog (http://albertsq.blogspot.com/2008/09/maximus-configuration.html).
Make sure gconf-editor is installed:
sudo apt-get install gconf-editor
1. Open the window you would like to exclude.
2. Open a terminal and execute this command:
xprop | grep WM_CLASS
3. The cursor will change; click on the window you wish to exclude.
4. In the terminal, the class name will appear, like so:
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "nautilus", "Nautilus"
5. Still in the terminal, open gconf-editor:
6. Navigate to apps -> maximus
7. Double-click on exclude_class.
8. Add the second string (e.g. Nautilus) without quotes to the list.
This change should take effect immediately, but it might not be applied to windows that are already open.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.