PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound issues with Banshee

GNU Gnerd
February 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Hello all,

I seem to have broken Banshee somehow. It was working fine up until last night, but when I turned on my laptop this morning and tried to play some music, it all sounded distorted. The instrumental part and "backup" singing is generally fine, with a bit more bass than usual, but I can hardly hear any lyrics at all and what I can hear is echo-y, as if the performer is singing from across the room or underwater or something.

I assume some setting or another has been screwed up and it should be a simple fix, but I haven't touched any Banshee configuration in at least a week and I haven't been able to find any information on the problem. I usually use ALSA for my sound, though I tried switching to PulseAudio to see if that would fix it (it didn't). I'm running 8.04 on a Lenovo laptop, if that matters. Any ideas?

boombox1387
March 21st, 2010, 04:30 AM
Hello all,

I seem to have broken Banshee somehow. It was working fine up until last night, but when I turned on my laptop this morning and tried to play some music, it all sounded distorted. The instrumental part and "backup" singing is generally fine, with a bit more bass than usual, but I can hardly hear any lyrics at all and what I can hear is echo-y, as if the performer is singing from across the room or underwater or something.

I assume some setting or another has been screwed up and it should be a simple fix, but I haven't touched any Banshee configuration in at least a week and I haven't been able to find any information on the problem. I usually use ALSA for my sound, though I tried switching to PulseAudio to see if that would fix it (it didn't). I'm running 8.04 on a Lenovo laptop, if that matters. Any ideas?

Are you still having this problem? If so, which version of Banshee are you using? Are you using the equalizer? Newer versions of Banshee come with built-in equalizer settings, and there have been several complaints that the 'Pop' setting distorts sound pretty badly.