PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu doesn't recognise my wireless card

tongueman
February 9th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Hi Folks,

Little help needed. just installed ubuntu but it doesn't recognise my wireless card. I'm running an emachines g720. Ive tried looking through some previous posts but the terminal thing frightens me to death really.

I've tried looking through the idiots guide but i'm afraid i'm a better idiot than that! Some nice simple paint by numbers instructions would help me alot if at all possible.

Many thanks

SoFl W
February 9th, 2010, 02:21 AM
When booting does it give any errors? It might be on the screen for a brief period of time. You might want to check the log files. Anyway, this helped me, but might not help you.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=759100

neonathon
February 9th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Hi Folks,

Little help needed. just installed ubuntu but it doesn't recognise my wireless card. I'm running an emachines g720. Ive tried looking through some previous posts but the terminal thing frightens me to death really.

I've tried looking through the idiots guide but i'm afraid i'm a better idiot than that! Some nice simple paint by numbers instructions would help me alot if at all possible.

Many thankssorry to interrupt, but do you know how to post a new question

Habboblob
February 9th, 2010, 02:30 AM
sorry to interrupt, but do you know how to post a new question

He is new to the community. Welcome and help new members, rather than put them down or critise something they may have done without knowing.

Just chill.

----------------------

Also, do you know what type of wireless card this is?
Is it intergrated into your laptop?
Would be very helpfull if you gave us the specs.

mcoleman44
February 9th, 2010, 02:32 AM
What type of card do you have?

Open a terminal and type:
lspci

Did you try installing the driver for your card? When you log in do you get a message saying proprietary driver's in use?

System>Administrator>Hardware Drivers

tongueman
February 9th, 2010, 02:43 AM
WoW, my apologies if I have not followed proper protocols for asking questions. Just looking for a little help, thats all.