PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] iso problems

Boogaloo67
February 7th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I am currently running Red Hat 7, and trying to download and boot the Ubuntu live CD, and am having problems. I successfully downloaded the ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso, and burned it to disk, but something is amiss...the iso file is visible, but no files & folders, and it doesn't show up in LILO, so I can't boot it. (When I stick the iso CD in a Mac, running OSX, it sees the files & folders, but I don't want to run it on that machine!)

What am I missing here? Must I decompress or unpack the iso file? It's worth noting that I used a Mac OS9 machine to download & burn the iso CD, and am trying to install it on an intel box that is running Red Hat 7.

I am considering re-downloading and re-burning the iso, on the Red Hat box...am I missing some important step, in the burning process? Also, the CD burning GUI, on the RH box is called Toast...it seems to be set up for audio CDs, not data...

Please don't refer me to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto , I've already read it, and it doesn't help.

zvacet
February 8th, 2010, 12:55 AM
You have to burn image not data,but It is little bit strange because Mac see iso correctly.When you put that disc in PC drive you can not see it and you see it on Mac.Is your optical drive on PC running fine or you have problems with it?