PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] indicator Applet

kbrill
February 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Is there a way to remove evolution and replace it with Thunderbird on the indicator applet? I would also like to get rid of empathy as well.

thanks

Post Monkeh
February 7th, 2010, 05:55 PM
just delete it altogether and make a luncher to run thunderbird with alltray or kdocker so it's docked to your system tray,

install the new mail icon addon in thunderbird and you have a mail client that sits in your system tray then displays an icon when you get a new email

kbrill
February 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM
just delete it altogether and make a luncher to run thunderbird with alltray or kdocker so it's docked to your system tray,

install the new mail icon addon in thunderbird and you have a mail client that sits in your system tray then displays an icon when you get a new email
Doesnt it have something to do with notifications? If I delete it will I still get notifications?

Post Monkeh
February 7th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Doesnt it have something to do with notifications? If I delete it will I still get notifications?

don't think so, i think it's only to notify you of events in evolution/empathy.
i've never noticed it doing anything else

cviorel
March 18th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Is there a way to remove evolution and replace it with Thunderbird on the indicator applet? I would also like to get rid of empathy as well.

thanks

# Create blacklist file
mkdir -p $HOME/.config/indicators/messages/applications-blacklist

# Add the applications you want to blacklist
ln -s /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/empathy $HOME/.config/indicators/messages/applications-blacklist/
ln -s /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/evolution $HOME/.config/indicators/messages/applications-blacklist/

# Add the applications you want to appear in the indicator applet
echo '/usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop' | sudo tee /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/thunderbird

To see the changes immediately, run:

killall gnome-panel