PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WiFi problems... Can't find anything that matches this exactly... >_<

Broken McLoser
February 6th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Hi, I'm Cody! And completely new to Linux... I should go ahead and tell you I have very, very little knowledge of computers, Linux or otherwise.

I got Linux because my cousin is a codewriter for Redhat, and a lot of my friends say it's a great OS. (A term I just recently learned... >_<)

I downloaded Ubuntu via Wubi, on my Acer Aspire One Netbook. Everything seems fine, except I can't access the internet. My notification area is... Well, not there. There's just nothing there. I can't find ANYTHING. If I connect via an ethernet cord, then I can access the internet, other than that... Nada. Is this a common problem with Ubuntu? Or, does it not work with WiFi or something?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Cody.

spiderbatdad
February 6th, 2010, 02:37 AM
It is possible something is wrong with the installation. Most users here have a full installation, perhaps dual booting rather than wubi install.
Try to use it to access the wireless network.

Broken McLoser
February 7th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Wait... Try and use what to access the wireless? I am dualbooting on the laptop, XP/Ubuntu 9.10.

(Also, I just got it on my other desktop, also dual boot from Wubi, Vista/Ubuntu 9.10. Was wondering if someone could link me to a good thread about the whole Netflix thing....)