PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Reflections in Compiz

jbird999
February 4th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I enabled Reflections in CCSM on my Laptop and Ubuntu froze. I restarted and could only manage to get into the login page but when I login it freezes. So I booted up recovery mode and got up the root prompt and typed in;

rm -r /home/username/.compiz

To remove compiz settings, obviously replacing username with my username and all I got was "no such file or directory."

Is there another way to remove compiz settings?

Thank you.

skymera
February 4th, 2010, 06:30 PM
i can confirm mine is

/home/scott/.compiz/

Purge Compiz, it will remove the configuration files, then reinstall?

sudo aptitude purge compiz compizconfig-settings-manager

jbird999
February 4th, 2010, 06:50 PM
i can confirm mine is

/home/scott/.compiz/

Purge Compiz, it will remove the configuration files, then reinstall?

sudo aptitude purge compiz compizconfig-settings-manager

It ran but Ubuntu still freezes

jbird999
February 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I must be doing something wrong with the above advice, I ran the sudo command, I turned the power off with the power button, I don't know if there is a command to restart in shell, started up Ubuntu, logged in and it froze.

verachion
February 4th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I must be doing something wrong with the above advice, I ran the sudo command, I turned the power off with the power button, I don't know if there is a command to restart in shell, started up Ubuntu, logged in and it froze.

I am a newbie too I don't know if this will help you but you can access shell with networking or just shell, in the repair boot option 2 (I am running 9.10 ubuntu)

jbird999
February 4th, 2010, 09:57 PM
found the solution, wasn't searching for the right keywords, here it is if anyone is interested

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1394007&highlight=compiz+reflection