PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Blender not starting

Michael577
February 4th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Hey guys I'm trying to open blender but it didn't load so I did this in the command line and I got this
michael@michael-desktop:~$ blender
Compiled with Python version 2.6.4.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 135 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
Serial number of failed request: 27
Current serial number in output stream: 27
michael@michael-desktop:~$

I reinstalled this and I got the same thing does anyone know what's wrong?

LuridCinema
February 4th, 2010, 07:11 AM
How did you install it? Compile it yourself , Sudo apt-get install, Synaptic or Ubuntu Software Repos ?
Might google how to best install on your version and even if anyonehad a problem w/ the same graphics card. Dounds like you have an X problem. have you tried the Fullscreen or Windowed startup ?

cotcot
February 4th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Download blender from their website, extract the downloaded file and just run the executable in the extracted folder. No install required.

In somewhat earlier versions I had to switch off the visual effects because blender could not deal with transparency in its own windows. This seems to be solved in the latest version (2.49).

Michael577
February 5th, 2010, 12:10 AM
How did you install it? Compile it yourself , Sudo apt-get install, Synaptic or Ubuntu Software Repos ?
Might google how to best install on your version and even if anyonehad a problem w/ the same graphics card. Dounds like you have an X problem. have you tried the Fullscreen or Windowed startup ?

I did a reinstall from synaptic, opened it from the downloaded file, nothing about the command line, and I originally got it though the software center. In other words I almost tried everything, the thing that I should mention is that my graphics card isn't supported by ATI anymore and i never let it look for drivers until I decided to download the ati control center then after that I started having that darn problem. EVEN when I uninstalled it completely that problem comes up. and on top of that I can't use desktop effects.

Michael577
February 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I reinstalled ubuntu and it works just fine