PDA

View Full Version : Stubled upon CE, so need help understanding diffs between it and other Ununtus

mavrick13927
February 2nd, 2010, 03:37 AM
Hello all. I stumbled on to Ubuntu Christian Edition and think its a cool idea. I am currently running Kubuntu 8.04 LTS on my desktop and Ubuntu 9.10 on my laptop. I am wondering how The Christian edition compares to my current 2 distros.

Does the Christian ed follow the same release cycle?

Does it use the same repositories? If so, could I stick to plain Ubuntu, then add the additional Christian edition specific packages?

I do see the benefits of using the Christian edition, but am wondering what drawbacks I might encounter in switching.

Thanks in advanced

stlsaint
February 3rd, 2010, 05:18 AM
there is a converting process that you use to take regular ubuntu and convert it to christian edition...you will have the same repositorys as regular ubuntu but you will also have christian edition repos. Please see here: http://ubuntuce.com/

mavrick13927
February 7th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Thank you stlsaint for my only reply. I thought I had looked through everything on the web site, however I did find the "install" section (maybe should be named differently, or at least by my thinking) which did allow me to upgrade from ubuntu to ubuntu Christian ed. Thanks.