PDA

View Full Version : gimp is running painfully slow

guine
February 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM
Since upgrading to the current version of gimp earlier this month it has been running far slower than the older version. I tried reinstalling gimp which I think made it run slightly better than it has been but is still far slower than it used to be(I just timed one process that used to take 10 to 15 seconds to run took nearly 4 minutes to complete, although that may still have been an improvement of a minute or two). Is anyone else having problems like this and is there anything I can do to make gimp usable? Thanks.

Parallel
March 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I am seeing the same, there is an order of magnitude speed difference between 2.6.7-1ubuntu1 and 2.6.7-1ubuntu1.1 when using the perspective transformation tool. (on amd64)

I tried to build 2.6.8-2ubuntu1 myself, but it is still slow.

josvanr
April 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
here too, the perspective tool simply doesn't respond when trying to adjust the image by dragging...

cubeist
April 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM
I am not having these problems on 2.6.x or on 2.7.x from git. Using 64-bit Ubuntu with ati graphics (catalyst).

you should file a bug report.

23dornot23d
April 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM
I am not having these problems on 2.6.x or on 2.7.x from git. Using 64-bit Ubuntu with ati graphics (catalyst).

you should file a bug report.

+1

Same here ,,,, no problems but I use Nvidia graphics cards ....... and 32 bit .....

What systems are people using that are causing the slow down ......... what graphics cards are being used ?
and as said ..... a bug report needs to be put in with as much relevant info as possible ......