PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] KDS Valiant Display Setting Problem

DaveAB6
January 30th, 2010, 05:23 AM
KDS Valiant Display setting problem

Okay so I've finally decided to upgrade my ubuntu 6.06 to the latest version of ubuntu... or actually I upgraded to 9.04 by CD then using the online upgrade option to get to version 9.10 So here is my question:

I have an old laptop KDS valiant 6480i PTD. and worked fairly decently on 6.06, native resolution at 1024 x 768 only problem I faced with it was no sound. Now with the upgrade to the latest 9.10 the resolution is set to 800 x 600 and not using the entire screen. like it's windowed (sp?)

with that said anyone know how I can get the native resolution back to full screen and 1024 x 768? or if I can reference the 6.06 cd for the correct driver? I've checked the proprietary driver selection in the Administrator Hardware section and nothing shows, however I figure there is a command line entry I can try or even someone with a clue I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-DaveAB6

DaveAB6
August 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I'm going to mark this as solved... Not that it was, but due to the lack of responses after this long, I'm going to close this one out. I suppose I'm just going to have to not use this old laptop anymore... :( Oh, yeah on that one note... I did discover that using some of the new releases on the "Alternate Install CD" I was able to achieve the correct resolution, but still no sound. Oh well. Thanks and good luck to any who are still trying to refurbish old hardware. Sometimes it works, sometimes it diesn't.