PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] html editor

sxmaxchine
January 30th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I have just started school for this year and in my ipt class we were told that we were learning javascript and all the other web languages (php,sql,html,xml,etc). So my question was is there a good html editor like notepad++. the main features i wont is the highlight wen u wright stuff like <html></html>, and also i want it to have the option that lets you launch the code in a webbrowser (i mainly use opera but i have firefox).

Also if there are any other programs or tutorials that you think would help that would be great to.

cronco
January 30th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Well, I believe even the text editor which comes with Ubuntu, gedit, has syntax highlighting for HTML and a lot of other languages, but the one I love the most is Quanta. Not only does it have syntax highlight, it has auto-complete, previews for things like CSS.

The only disadvantage I can think of is the fact that Quanta is part of the KDE suite, so if you're running Gnome, it won't integrate as well with the rest of the interface. You could also try Bluefish, which is gtk+ native.

sxmaxchine
January 30th, 2010, 04:47 AM
ok il check them out thankyou

akniss
January 31st, 2010, 06:36 PM
I think Screem is pretty good.
http://www.screem.org/

yknivag
January 31st, 2010, 08:14 PM
I use Geany which is available in the repositories. Not only does it do syntax highlighting for many lanuagues it also allows you to define projects and see all the files in one easy to manage interface.

You can install it from Synaptic or using:

sudo apt-get install geany

26venger
January 31st, 2010, 08:42 PM
bluefish editor is an exellent option.

check it out at this website

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

;)

*Raz0r*
February 1st, 2010, 12:30 AM
For website development I personally prefer Bluefish editor and Cssed editor

clevertomato
February 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
*Raz0r*: I'm getting ready to give bluefish a try, primarily for web dev. You said you use it and cssed. I just read a little about cssed. So, does it provide functionality that bluefish does not? I would've thought that bluefish (judging by its popularity and the video demos) had CSS abilities equivalent to cssed.