PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cube resizing and with different wallpapers

CrazySat
January 29th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hi all,

is it possibile to set a different wallpapers for each cube face ?
How to reduce cube size while rotating ? At moment it is taking all my desktop size.
I am using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and Gnome.

Thank you.

HarrisonNapper
January 29th, 2010, 03:23 PM
These are all in the compiz config manager options for the desktop cube and for multiple desktops. Cheers :)

CrazySat
January 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your answer, but in CompizConfig Settings Manager (Dektop Cube, Desktop Rotate ... ) I dont know which values I have to change without messing up original config.
Is any tutorial available please ?
Thank you.

warfacegod
January 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks for your answer, but in CompizConfig Settings Manager (Dektop Cube, Desktop Rotate ... ) I dont know which values I have to change without messing up original config.
Is any tutorial available please ?
Thank you.

Change the zoom. I can't recall exactly were it is, so use the search function in CCSM.

CrazySat
January 29th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thank you warfacegod, it works now! Just set zoom to 0.4
Still looking how to have 4 different wallpapers on 4 sides ...

warfacegod
January 29th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Thank you warfacegod, it works now! Just set zoom to 0.4
Still looking how to have 4 different wallpapers on 4 sides ...

Great! Unfortunately, I can't help you with the backgrounds (they're not wallpapers in Ubuntu).

HarrisonNapper
January 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately, I run neither compiz nor the cube, so if anyone has any suggestions, please post them! (Goes without saying, I know, but I didn't want someone to not post with the expectation that I might reply :D)

CrazySat
January 29th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I found this tutorial (http://kyleabaker.com/2008/10/25/multiple-desktop-wallpapers-in-ubuntu-810/) but I think it can be applied to 810 and not to 8.04 ...