PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Media audio scrambled

Zp7m4m7H_PmY8HSHBSS-jGk5P
January 28th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hello. I have a serious problem. I am using Ubuntu 9.04, dual boot with Windows Xp Pro.

While in Linux I often watch avi's or listen to mp3s which are stored on a seperate hard drive from the Windows installation ( Formatted NTFS)

A few moments ago I was listening to music in Linux via Totem Movie Player 2.26.1. When attempting to play another track it hissed loudly and refused to play. I thought this was very strange and so I tried to play another song and it failed as well. It was working fine for days and suddenly stopped working.

After I ripped the original music from CD's I created MD5 hashes of the songs while using Windows.

From linux I calculated the hashes and noticed they had been modified.

I tried to play some of the Spongebob cartoons I ripped located on the same drive and the audio hisses loudly like a waterfall. The video is fine. I calculated hashes for them and they are unmofified.

The only thing I tried to do with my music just before the problem occured is browse the directory which contains all the artists name and the album name in Linux. I attempted to open the music folders in a new tab. Once the hourglass stayed for a moment I cancelled it and opened the folder without using an extra tab. I noticed the folder opened immediately. Once the music loaded I clicked back to my main directory which contains the folder list, then I opened the target folder in a tab.

When trying to play after that they sound like a raging waterfall. Afterwards I tried to play it inside Amarok Version 2.0.2, Rhythmbox 0.12.0 and VLC all with the same result, checking the hashes on random songs within my 110,000 song library so far none of them play now.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on or how I can try to fix this? I will do my best to provide any information you need.

Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated

Regards